NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Chesterfield Pharmacy utilizes your health information to provide the highest quality care for you, request payment for treatment, review the quality of care you receive, and for administrative purposes. This information is the property of Chesterfield Health Services. We secure your protected health information (“PHI”) as required by law. This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) details how we protect your PHI and may disclose your PHI. This Notice also describes your rights and our obligations to the utilization and disclosure of your PHI.
YOUR RIGHTS AS IT PERTAINS TO YOUR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
- You have the right to request a copy of this written Notice at any time.
- You have the right to request a copy of your PHI and to inspect the contents of your PHI.
- You have the right to request how your PHI is utilized and disclosed.
- You have the right to request a restriction on how your PHI is utilized.
- You have the right to request a clarification on your PHI that is secured by Chesterfield Pharmacy.
- Chesterfield Pharmacy reserves the right to deny your request.
- All requests for your PHI they be submitted, in writing, to the Pharmacy Manager at Chesterfield Pharmacy. Chesterfield Pharmacy may charge a fee to cover the costs associated with the processing of your request.
MOST FREQUENT REASONS THAT CHESTERFIELD PHARMACY UTILIZES PHI
Treatment. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) defines treatment as "the provision, coordination, or management of health care and related services by one or more health care providers, including the coordination or management of health care by a health care provider with a third party; consultation between health care providers relating to a patient; or the referral of a patient for health care from one health care provider to another."
Payment. Chesterfield Pharmacy may utilize your PHI while processing your requests for treatment and other products or services in order to obtain payment for such.
Health Care Operations. Chesterfield Pharmacy may utilize your PHI in the course of necessary activities related to the provision of products and services to you. This includes, but is not limited to, risk management, quality assessment reviews, professional inquiries, legal services, and administrative audits.
Communications with your treatment. Chesterfield Pharmacy may contact you to discuss matters such as: refill reminders, appointments, treatment-related services, and appointment reminders.
Other disclosures of your PHI. Chesterfield Pharmacy may find it necessary to disclose parts of your PHI to other entities not previously described above as we believe it necessary and proper. Examples, but not limited to, include: your caregiver; local, state and federal government agencies and programs; legal disputes; public health authorities; funeral homes; organ donation; FDA-approved research; worker’s compensation; and Veterans Services.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may complain, in writing, to Chesterfield Pharmacy or the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.