Frequently Asked Questions - Pharmacy
Not usually - most health care providers prefer the dispensing pharmacy to call and request refill authorizations. This reduces the number of phone calls to their office. If there are any questions, they can discuss them directly with the pharmacist.
The postal service takes up to 3 business days for local delivery.
Chesterfield Pharmacy has more than 20 years’ experience working in hospital, clinic, retail, and long-term care settings.
We prefer a face-to-face meeting with the caregiver and client when starting a new patient. We do the work of obtaining the required prescriptions and, when possible, a pharmacy staff member personally delivers the first set of medications to your home.
Frequently Asked Questions - Durable Medical Equipment
No – actually, there are many exceptions. To find out whether your prescription is covered, call or email us so we can work out your best option.
No - Medicare will pay for 80%, but only AFTER you have covered your deductible. If you have a supplemental insurance policy it may cover the remaining 20%, and, in some cases, the deductible as well. If you provide your insurance information, we can let you know exactly what is and is not covered.
In some cases they do, but only with prior approval. These organizations generally will only allow certain providers to be paid for DME. You may need to contact your insurance company to find an authorized provider.
Sometimes - It must be at least 5 years old and deemed non-repairable. Your Doctor must write a prescription that states why you need a new one and why your current one cannot be fixed, or why it no longer works for you.
Not usually - Your doctor must write a prescription that clearly explained why you need both. The decision would be up to your insurance.